Posted by Indusa Admin on July 19, 2016 11:31 am
Most clients we work with are increasing their focus on employees and employee productivity. A recent report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows worker/employee productivity is falling. And many leaders are confused about what to do about it. Planning and collaboration has always been critically important for productivity. As employees work on multiple projects across geographies, more and more companies realize the importance of managing these projects and resources through software.
Project Pro for Office 365 keeps your projects, resources, and teams organized and on track. It allows you to easily plan, track status, and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere. Whether you’re a project manager, managing a team of resources, a team lead, or a project resource, these features of Project Pro for Office 365 should help get your bearings and enhance employee/team productivity. We talked about What’s New in Microsoft Project Professional 2016 in our previous post. In addition to resource management, there are a host of improvements and new features that will help you be more productive with Project Pro, such as improved timelines, Tell Me integration, and full support for Office add-ins.
Read on for features in Project Pro for Office 365that help project teams get work done faster, thereby increasing productivity.
1. Powerful Scheduling:Familiar automated scheduling tools like Gantt charts in Project Pro help reduce inefficiencies and training time. The tool facilitates smart automation with auto-populate start and end dates and the use of Task Inspector to identify more efficient task and resource arrangements. Built-in multiple timelines make it easier to visualize complex schedules and easily share timelines using PowerPoint. Intuitive baselines help decision makers track and compare actual vs original project plans.
2. Resource Engagement:Resource engagement in Project Pro helps align project managers and resource managers on the specific amount of work and time period associated with a project and provides a consolidated view of all your potential project resources.
3. Optimized Task Management:Using Project Pro streamlines project management by allowing project managers to automate routine project management tasks like task updates and time tracking. They can also be notified in real time by team members about imminent risks and issues, which can help prevent delays and extra costs.
4. Integrated Collaboration:Project Pro is integrated with communication tools like Skype for Business, making it easier to collaborate using voice, video, or chat within Project. Connected familiar Office applications like PowerPoint, Word, and OneDrive help easy sharing of information between these applications. Collaborative workspaces allow team members to stay informed through dedicated project sites for sharing information – updates, conversations, and timelines.
5. Better Intelligence:Powerful built-in reports, like Burndown and Resource Overview help gain insights, communicate information to stakeholders, and achieve results thereby delivering winning projects.
These productivity enhancing features are backed with a smart-setup that allows you to link tasks and create timelines, use pre-built templates for project plans, and an intuitive search to find Project features so you can work more efficiently. Project Pro comes with simplified IT through quick installation through streaming technology, automatic updates, multiple installations, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24/7 support, and custom programmability.
Hilti AG, a leading construction manufacturer, implemented Project Pro for O365 and benefitted from improved agility and collaboration in project management, which further helped decrease IT workload, reduce costs, and enhance productivity. Although every organization is different and has different business needs and requirements, the approach to employee productivity essentially remains the same across domains and sizes. It is critical that organizations improve planning, understand resource utilization and management, define appropriate variables, encourage collaboration, and manage employee expectations for increased productivity. Project Pro for Office 365 allow teams delivery value from virtually anywhere, helping businesses quickly benefit from greater innovation, better problem solving, and higher efficiency in project delivery.
About the Author – Nandita Nityanandam
Nandita is a Marketing Professional with specific skills in marketing automation, sales/marketing alignment, go-to-market strategy and ROI analysis/metric based reporting for global markets. She has over a decade of experience in marketing and demand generation operations to boost branding, positioning and lead generation.