Posted by Indusa Admin on April 18, 2016 12:03 pm
As organizations make investments to accelerate business outcomes, they continue to look for ways to achieve greater efficiency and productivity while minimizing costs. A significant area where you can use technology to improve business efficiency is by integrating OneDrive for Business with your Dynamics CRM 2016 system. By integrating these two, you can leverage numerous benefits like improved collaboration and increased visibility, augmenting productivity in the long run. Let’s look at the two systems individually and then see why and how integrating them can achieve increased productivity and efficiency.
OneDrive for Business – Store Personal Documents with Ease
OneDrive for Business is the preferred solution for enterprises to store personal documents. As an integral part of Office 365, One Drive for Business offers employees a central repository in the cloud to store, share, and sync work files. With the option of updating and sharing these files from any device, OneDrive for Business makes data available anywhere and at any time, enabling organizations to make crucial data-driven decisions. OneDrive for Business allows you to share your files with business colleagues as needed. The Office Online feature enables you to edit Office documents together in real-time. Using the OneDrive for Business sync app, you can sync files to your local computer while the Outlook Web App enables you to attach OneDrive for Business files as links, allowing recipients to edit files.
Dynamics CRM 2016 – Offer Superior Customer Service
Dynamics CRM 2016 allows customer-facing employees to manage their tasks with a single experience. By automating important business-critical sales, marketing, and service tasks, Dynamics CRM 2016 enables you to focus on what matters most in ensuring superior customer engagement. Dynamics CRM 2016 offers a wide range of new and improved capabilities that aim to enhance employee efficiency and productivity. Using Delve functionality, you can receive trending and relevant content depending on what your sales staff is working on. The document generation feature enables you to easily build personalized sales documents as it automates the manual extraction of CRM data such as quotes, invoices, and account summaries. Integration with Cortana helps embed sales activities, accounts, and opportunities, providing sales teams instant access to important content.
Dynamics CRM 2016 and OneDrive for Business – Better Together
One of the most plausible ways to expand your top-line revenue through optimized operations is to integrate your Dynamics CRM with OneDrive for Business. Dynamics CRM 2016 users now have the option to use the capabilities of OneDrive for Business to store and share contextual content in CRM. It allows users to upload documents related to CRM through the OneDrive for Business applications available on desktops and mobile devices.
Wondering how such an integration will help your organization? Here are some of the benefits you can achieve:
- Get a consolidated view of documents across SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 Groups within your CRM system.
- Create and manage personal documents with OneDrive for Business and access them within CRM.
- Select a location for your documents based on your need: all files within a particular CRM record, documents stored in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint site and documents others have shared with you.
- Access files from any location; with an Internet connection, device, and a web browser, you are good to share files with anybody you wish and prevent unauthorized access.
- Seamlessly open various Office documents stored in OneDrive for Business and return back to the CRM app with a simple touch of a back button.
- Get quick access to important information you need, exactly when they need it, and improve your business efficiency.
- Automatically store documents and other digital content on the storage space and keep files secure in case of accidental hard disk failures.
- Control access to OneDrive for Business in CRM by modifying security roles in settings to the desired level.
- Automate quote to sales order and generate faster and more accurate quotes based on real-time inventory and pricing.
- Have the most accurate and up-to-date customer related information at your fingertips and convert data into actionable insights.
Become a Customer-Centric Business
Connecting different business systems and making better use of resources is a key objective of most enterprise systems, but improving customer experience is what makes an enterprise successful. A truly customer-centric business offers employees access to the right data, at the right time, and at the right place. By integrating CRM with OneDrive for Business, you can empower employees and provide them with quick access to information, increasing revenue, while at the same time meeting every precise customer need.
About the Author – Angna Upadhyay
Angna is a Microsoft Dynamics Project Manager at Indusa, having over 8 years of rich experience in implementing and managing complex multi-channel IT projects across a wide range of industries. She is an expert in analyzing business processes, process re-engineering, and recommending solutions for successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics products.
Contributing Writer: Neha Kumar