Posted by Indusa Admin on September 7, 2015 4:17 am
Financial reporting is vital to provide insights to clearly understand your current financial position, track performance, and monitor changes. Efficient financial reporting also aids in the creation of a variety of financial reports that are used by a multitude of users, from managers and shareholders to prospective investors, financial institutions, governments, competitors, suppliers, and customers.
As technology evolves, the trend toward data consolidation and automation is widespread; selecting the right tool for financial reporting can be a major strategic decision.
Microsoft’s Management Reporter software for advance financial reporting helps your organization envision long term opportunity and growth. As an interactive reporting application, Management Reporter can be used to create, maintain, publish, and view financial statements. The plethora of customizable reports assists in analyzing your financial position to make strategic business decisions. Below are 7 of Management Reporter’s useful features:
- Real-Time Report Generation: Management Reporter enables the generation and publishing of reports directly from your General Ledger, so reports are accurate and as up-to-date as possible. With real-time financial reporting, you can achieve greater visibility into your financial status to make data-driven decisions.
- Report Design Flexibility: With Management Reporter, combine building blocks to create customized reports based on requirements. By reusing several dimension combinations, formats and displays, you will be able to formulate deep insights that translates into actionable information. Since you’ll be able to create top notch financial reports in minutes, you will now have more time to analyze reports for calculated decisions.
- Efficient Report Collaboration: Depending on the requirement, you can schedule a single report or a group of reports to be generated on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis for budget planning and reporting. Management Reporting enables a streamlined report distribution process. Save reports as PDFs, embed report links in an email or publish them to a SharePoint site, a shared folder or a network location, for easy distribution to your team.
- Elevated Security: Management Reporter gives you the freedom to set security limitations to limit viewing of reports. Limit access to critical business information to relevant users with required security rights, to further safeguard financial data. Additionally, the read-only XPS format provides enhanced document security with digital signatures that restricts modification and ensures data security.
- Countless Report Viewing Options: Management Reporter offers a plethora of report viewing options. Using the desktop viewer, you can organize and view reports right on your desktop. With the web viewer, reports can be viewed on a web browser that does not mandate installation of Management Reporter. By exporting reports to Excel, interactive and intuitive reports can be viewed and analyzed for efficient decision making purposes.
- Seamless Integration with Microsoft Dynamics: Integrate data with Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems to generate customized as well as ad-hoc reports. While viewing a report on Management Reporter, source information from Dynamics and design detailed financial reports, without affecting the original data. By bringing together financial information from Dynamics, you will be able to create a consolidated view of the business at a glance.
- Increased Productivity: Management Reporter incorporates some very useful features that enhance end-user productivity. Insert company logos for authenticity, add and share comments, and initiate instant message exchange with co-workers and managers using Microsoft Lync. Management Reporter also includes a multi-currency functionality with the option of consolidating and translating multiple currencies.
Financial reporting can be a critical tool to efficiently manage capital and assets. Using Management Reporter, create, access, and publish an assortment of financial reports at the push of a button. With user friendly features, Management Reporter offers great flexibility, enabling you to design, generate, and publish financial statements easily and accurately. The interactive report viewing experience aids in steering data-driven decisions, assisting with streamlining reporting and analysis, and responding quickly to business opportunities and industry trends.
About the Author – Manoj Nair
Manoj Nair is a seasoned IT professional with over 12 years of experience in Software Consultancy, ERP Implementation, Testing, ISV Development & Client Management. He is a Senior Project Manager at Indusa and is responsible of managing various software programs through cross functional coordination.
Contributing Writer: Neha Kumar