Posted by Indusa Admin on February 14, 2017 7:28 am
The Battle of Software: Microsoft Project Standard vs. Project Pro for O365
If your team is managing several large projects (and struggling to overcome everyday project challenges), a robust project management software could be the answer you’re looking for to plan, assign resources, manage budget, track progress, and analyze various workloads. After you decide to get one on board, your next concern is selecting the right software. With a multitude of project management software available in the market, you have plenty of options; but with Microsoft reigning the project management space, your job gets easier. However, the next (and thankfully the last) question you might wonder is – whether Microsoft Project Standard is adequately equipped for your business needs or whether you need to leverage the added collaboration and task management features of Project Pro for O365.
The Options: Microsoft Project and Project Pro
Microsoft Project Standard
Microsoft Project Standard aids in streamlining your projects, and scheduling and optimizing tasks and resources.
- Using familiar charts, you can create schedules with ease.
- Smart automation features help you efficiently build schedules.
- The multiple timeline feature enables you to visually represent complex schedules and understand every minor aspect of your project.
- Advanced integrated planning tools help keep track of projects and stick to the original project plan.
- With Microsoft Project Standard, you can get started quickly and execute projects with ease.
- Built-in templates, intuitive baselines, simplified sharing, and access across devices ensure teams always stay productive.
- You can easily and efficiently plan projects, track status, and collaborate with others from virtually any device and location.
- Automated scheduling tools help reduce inefficiencies and enable quick and smart decisions.
- Seamless integration with collaboration tools like Skype for Business and Yammer encourages teamwork, enabling better project results.
- Built-in project management tools help ease the project management headache, enabling you to build project teams, request needed resources, and in the process create more efficient schedules.
Microsoft Project vs. Project Pro – A Comparison
While Microsoft offers various different project management packages (for organizations of different sizes and requirements), choosing the right package can be an overwhelming task. If, like millions of other project managers, you are going through this very same dilemma, the comparison chart below is set to make your job easier.
Although Microsoft’s project management packages offer a host of benefits – from effective reporting, to enhanced communication, easy project tracking and efficient collaboration – choosing the right software (with the right features) solely depends upon your unique business requirements (and your understanding of those requirements!). If you are a fairly large organization with employees spread across various geographies you already have O365 in place, and collaboration and integration with SharePoint are your core requirements, then Project Pro will help you achieve all your project management goals. But if you just have a few hundred employees who are mostly stationed at one location (and collaboration is not a fundamental necessity), then Project Standard is sufficient for efficient management of all your projects. So depending on your business and the projects you are handling, leveraging the right Project software is your key to success.
Read this eBook to get a good insight into the must have features in a Project Management software and see how Microsoft is hitting the bulls eye with Project Pro.
About the Author – Neha Kumar
Neha Kumar is a digital media evangelist and marketing professional. She overlooks Indusa’s content management, social media, online events, email marketing, blogs, digital campaigns, lead generation and inside sales activities on a broader scale.
Contibuting Author: Malavika Nityanandam