Posted by Indusa Admin on June 7, 2016 12:57 pm
Technology has made great strides in addressing the challenges faced by remote workers. Information access and sharing, document management and control, and analysis and reporting through the use of mobile technology has enabled organizations to augment their business process efficiency. According to IDC, the number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016, signifying their rampant adoption. By incorporating mobile software, required information is made more readily available to mobile workers, augmenting their productivity while ensuring security and governance.
To meet the needs of a remote workforce, mobile collaboration software such as Microsoft SharePoint offers synchronized and timely access to the corporate information repository through a variety of mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and even remote desktops. With SharePoint Online, you can enable field technicians to stay connected on-the-go; they can view up-to-date information on sites, collaborate with colleagues, access shared documents, and work more efficiently with their mobile devices.
SharePoint Online’s collaborative software solution extends the capabilities of the SharePoint system to mobile users through state-of-the-art controls, integrated applications, and data management technology. Let field engineers enjoy a variety of features and meet their business goals with ease:
- Anytime Access to Information: With SharePoint Online, you can access information anytime, anywhere and from any device. In the event of low or no Internet connectivity, you can still edit, modify, and delete files and documents while offline and have information re-sync automatically as soon as the device reconnects. You can view all kinds of dashboard content, from performance reports and scorecards to Excel spreadsheets on your preferred handheld device, and efficiently perform remote tasks.
- Optimized Mobile Experience: For good readability and ease of use, the SharePoint Online site is optimized for smartphones and other mobile devices. SharePoint Online offers a lightweight browsing experience with contemporary, classic, and full-screen views to navigate and access document libraries, files, and other important information. Depending on the mobile device and operating system being used, you can choose the most appropriate browsing option.
- Geo Tagging: With SharePoint Online’s geo tagging feature, you can track and log location-specific data while working remotely from the corporate office. You can make location-aware lists and display location coordinates using Bing Maps. Additionally, you can pinup documents based on location and trace points of interest, per the desired location.
- Office Web Apps: SharePoint Online provides browser-based companions for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. With Mobile Web Apps, you can access documents in the mobile web application by using a mobile device that is optimized to render documents for phones. Enjoy enhanced viewing experiences while interacting with documents on the phone, and experience a gratifying mobile experience.
- Easy Management: SharePoint Online can easily be set up to access and drive critical information and updates while out in the field. With automated server maintenance, you can ensure minimum downtime and be up to date with the latest features, to make the most of your mobile device.
Embracing technology modernizations for collaboration purposes and revamping strategic IT functions to support the ever-increasing demands of field engineers is the cornerstone of a successful mobile workforce. With SharePoint Online, you can view information on sites, collaborate with colleagues, access shared documents, and stay connected with work using your hand-held device. By providing field staff anytime access to critical information on the go, you can ensure data-driven decisions and drive effective collaboration across your workforce.
About the Author – Neha Kumar
Neha Kumar is a digital media evangelist and marketing professional. She overlooks Indusa’s content management, social media, online events, email marketing, blogs, digital campaigns, lead generation and inside sales activities on a broader scale.