Microsoft Dynamics AX
Dynamics AX Support Services Optimizes a Versatile Industrial Contractor’s Performance and Improves Operations
As a seasoned veteran in the industrial construction turnaround and maintenance arena, the contractor provides quality services for each phase of industrial construction and pipe fabrication to a diverse mix of industries, in over 30 states in the US.
To keep up with the rising complexities of existing projects, and to effectively manage upcoming projects, the contractor previously implemented Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP through a third party provider. The system was developed to help manage a multitude of functions including finance, workflow based project management, supply chain, and payroll.
Soon after the implementation, the contractor started facing functionality and performance issues in key process areas, such as financial analysis and payroll processing. They realized that the system had unrealized gains that they were potentially missing out on. So they began to search for a Dynamics AX support service provider, who could understand and resolve post implementation pain areas with their Dynamics AX system.
Ultimately, the contractor partnered with Indusa to provide enterprise level support for their Dynamics AX 2012 system.
Solution and Approach
With the motive to maintain business synergy and optimize the system’s performance, Indusa provided a support plan that included both functional and technical (onsite and offshore) support, to address some of the challenges the client was facing. Some of the issues related to project management, payroll, and finance modules were as follows:
- Committed cost
- Equipment and payroll cost
- Billing issues
- Revenue recognition
- Retention policy
- Employee benefits
- Earning statements
- Payroll processing
- Taxes – federal and state level
- Auto bank reconciliation
- Monthly closing
- W-2 processing
- Vendor 1099 processing
- Financial closing
In addition to this, Indusa provides:
4. Round the clock support: Resolve day to day issues occurring within the AX system including onsite and offshore support
5. User training: User manuals and training to individual users or user groups, as and when required; provide users with test case scenarios and steps to follow in each of those specific cases
6. Performance monitoring: Analyze the system and resolve the hiccups
7. Customization and consulting services: Based on the specific needs of the contractor, Indusa’s technical and functional experts continue to provide customization and consulting services. These services include:
- Risk Management: Solution for an effective response to emergency events
- Compliance Management: Solution to simplify compliance – improving internal control and increasing visibility into compliance-related processes
- Report generation: Develop key financial reports, using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and BI reports, to meet complex business requirements
The AX system was also integrated with the third-party apps/ legacy systems of the contractor. Indusa is also involved in, solution designing for integrate the AX system with Dynamics CRM.
Indusa’s highly experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX support team, with technical and functional skills, made sure that the contractor’s usage of Dynamics AX was maximized to the highest level.
All the functionality and performance related issues were successfully eliminated, and ensured the contractor has an efficient, secure, and optimized Microsoft Dynamics AX solution and infrastructure.
Customization and consulting services allows the contractor to track issues effectively, and significantly improve financial control and visibility.
Due to the hybrid approach used by Indusa, the contractor experiences high levels of agility and very short turn-around time for issue resolution.
With the help of Indusa’s support services, the contractor is able to leverage the real capabilities of Dynamics AX. They now see considerable reduction in costs, and continuous improvement in their business operations.